The 2019 edition of The State of the Union will take place on Thursday 2, Friday 3 and Saturday 4 May 2019, just weeks ahead of the European elections, which will feature prominently on the programme, giving a common thread of democracy during the discussions which will center around the following topics:
- Democratic transitions in Europe;
- The rule of law and the legal powers of the EU;
- Democracy and the European Elections;
- Inclusive democracy and migrant engagement in the political process;
- Youth, a European Union fit for the next generation;
- Trust and the Single Market; and
- Economic power and democracy.