#SOU2022 will take place in a hybrid format.
The majority of speakers will take part in the event in person in Florence.
In-person participation will be restricted to a small select audience, with attendees able to join the event online. Though participation is by invitation only, the event will be live-streamed to the public around the world.
Open Day at Villa Salviati, 7 May
The State of the Union will host its closing event at the Historical Archives of the European Union that will open its doors and welcome the public to visit the archives and Villa Salviati on Saturday, 7 May. Registration through FAI will be required for admission onto the grounds of Villa Salviati.
35th Anniversary of the Erasmus+ Programme
In the framework of Festival d’Europa, it will take place the celebration of the 35th Anniversary of the Erasmus+ Programme, organised by Indire.
In light of the priorities identified by the European Commission under the Erasmus+ Programme for the period 2021-2027, the Indire Erasmus+ National Agency developed this strategic initiative for the establishment of a network of Erasmus+ Role Models.
On 6 May, this event will see the presence of SOU2022 speakers and of Erasmus+ Role Models.
Piazza della Repubblica, 50123 Firenze – Festival d’Europa STAND
General information on transport
Flying to Florence
Florence Peretola airport is located 8 km from the centre, approx. 30 minutes by taxi or bus. Taxis can normally be found outside the arrival terminal. The airport is also connected to the main railway station by a shuttle bus that leaves every 30 minutes (on the hour and half-hour) and takes 20 minutes. Tickets are available on board for € 6.00.
The main railway station can be also reached via the T2 Tram, which runs from the airport to the Unità stop close to the central station. The tram runs every five to ten minutes and a ticket costs € 1.50 per person. The journey takes 20 minutes.
Tickets are available Authorized sellers (single ticket, passes and 10-ticket strip), Autolinee Toscane website www.at-bus.it (passes, registration required), APP TABNET (single ticket, passes) and automated ticket machines at stops (single ticket).
Taxi 4390, ph. +39 055 4390
Taxi Firenze 4242, ph. +39 055 4242
- From Florence Airport Peretola to downtown Florence about 25/30 minutes (approx. 25-30 €)
- From Florence Airport to the European University Institute about 30 minutes (approx 30 €)
- From Florence central railway station Santa Maria Novella to the European University Institute: about 20-30 minutes (approx. 30-35 €)
DAY 1 on 5 May, Badia Fiesolana – European University Institute
Arriving by car
From the A1 Milano-Napoli (Autostrada del Sole), take the Firenze Sud exit and follow directions to the centre of town/Stadio. To reach the EUI, follow Stadio then Fiesole. San Domenico is on the main road to Fiesole. To reach the EUI’s car park (limited access by approval only), you will need to travel north on Via Faentina before turning right on Via della Badia dei Roccettini. The entrance to the EUI is immediately on the right hand side.
Arriving by Bus
From Santa Maria Novella, take bus no. 7 in the direction ‘Fiesole’ and get off at ‘San Domenico 01. For routes and timetables see the public bus service site at Autolinee Toscane.
Tickets are available at Authorized sellers (single ticket, passes and 10-ticket strip), Autolinee Toscane (passes, registration required), APP TABNET (single ticket, passes) and at automated ticket machines at stops (single ticket).
From Florence Airport
By airport shuttle (Volainbus) to the Autostazione SITA opposite Florence central railway station, Santa Maria Novella (SMN).
By tram (Line T2) to the central railway station, Santa Maria Novella (SMN).
For shuttle bus and local bus timetables please consult the Autolinee Toscane’s website.
Where to stay
These areas in and around Florence allow for easy access to the conference venues:
- Florence Historic Centre
- Santa Maria Novella
- Piazza della Libertà
- Le Cure
- San Domenico di Fiesole
Participants are responsible for their own accomodation during their stay in Florence, but The State of the Union team are available to provide you with more information. Get in touch with [email protected].
Florence Historic Centre – Santa Maria Novella Area
- Grand Hotel Minerva, Piazza Santa Maria Novella 16, Firenze, ph. +39 055 27230, email: [email protected]
- Hotel Garibaldi Blu, Piazza di Santa Maria Novella, Firenze, ph.+39 055 277300, email: [email protected]
- Hotel L’Orologio, Piazza Santa Maria Novella 24, Firenze, ph. +39 055 27 73 80, email: [email protected]
- Hotel Lungarno, Borgo S. Jacopo 14, Firenze ph. +39 055 27261, email: [email protected]
- Hotel Rosso 23, Piazza di Santa Maria Novella 23, Firenze, ph.+39 055 277300, email: [email protected]
- Hotel Santa Maria Novella, Piazza di Santa Maria Novella, Firenze, ph.+39 055 271840, email: [email protected]
- Portrait Hotel, Lungarno degli Acciaiuoli 4 Firenze, ph. +39 055 2726 8000, email: b[email protected]
Florence Centre – Piazza della Libertá
- Hotel Cellai, Via 27 Aprile 14, 52/R, Firenze, ph. +39055489291, email: [email protected]
- The Student Hotel, Viale Spartaco Lavagnini, 70 – 72, 50129 Florence, ph. +38055 062 1855, email: [email protected]
- Palazzo Castri, Piazza della Indipendenza, 7, 50129 Firenze, ph. +39055 472118, email: [email protected]